This simple guide will teach you How To Install ElementalX Kernel on Nexus 5X for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.ElementalX is one of the most popular and used custom kernel for all nexus devices.Now it supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
We have already posted Full step by step Guide to Install ElementalX Kernel on Nexus 6 for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.So you can check that out.
If you are looking for a great custom kernel for your rooted Nexus 5x then this ElementalX kernel is the best bat.The good news is that One of the most popular ElementalX kernel is now compatible with Android 6.0 Marshmallow running on LG Made Google Nexus 5x.The installation process is very simple and easy.Below we share all step by step guide to Install ElementalX Kernel on Nexus 5X for Android 6.0 Marshmallow
ElementalX Kernel Features
This is one of the most popular kernels for Nexus devices.The kernel comes with many tweaks and this is the most featured packed kernel available for any android device.One of the most important reasons to install this custom kernel is that you can root your Nexus 5x after installing this ElementalX kernel as currently the stock kernel can’t be modded.Below we share some features of ElementalX kernel
- Easy installation and setup with AROMA installer
- Stock/AOSP and CyanogenMod/CAF versions
- Best balance of performance and battery life
- Color control
- USB fast charge (optional)
- Sweep2sleep (optional)
- Sweep2wake and doubletap2wake (optional)
- Wake Gestures app support
- MultiROM support
- disable fsync (optional)
- sound control
- Underclock or overclock CPU
- L2 and bus overclocking options
- choose automatic minimum voltage (725mV to 850mV)
- kernel-based thermal control
- GPU overclocking options
- voltage control
- NTFS read/write and exFAT support
- init.d support
- optional USB OTG + charge mode
- No for encrypt
Just Follow the guide below to Install ElementalX Kernel on Nexus 5x for Android 6.0 Marshmallow
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 5X while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Do backup your current firmware before installing this mod, you may end up in a bootloop if something goes wrong at your end.
- More than 60% battery on your device
- Make Sure that Your device has TWRP Installed (nexus 5X) Because You have to flash the kernel.zip from the TWRP menu.
- Only for Nexus 5x Running Marshmallow
- Do NOT flash this over other custom kernels!
- You should only flash ElementalX over the kernel that came with your ROM!!!
Follow these two guides First:-
If you don’t have TWRP On Your nexus 5x then just follow this guide–>>
- How to Unlock LG Google Nexus 5X Bootloader Easily
- How to Root Google Nexus 5X & Install TWRP Recovery (Only TWRP installation part)
Follow the step by step guide to safely Install ElementalX Kernel on Nexus 5x for Android 6.0 Marshmallow
How to Install ElementalX Kernel on Nexus 5X for Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Step By Step Guide
- Download the Kernel file and others and transfer them to the internal memory of your Nexus 5x via MicroUSB.
- Then Boot your device into TWRP Recovery
- Power off the Nexus 5X.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Volume UP and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release all buttons when the Fastboot Mode menu appears.
- Use the Volume buttons until the upper part of the screen displays the Recovery Mode text.
- Press Power to select Recovery Mode.
– after that you will see an Android icon laid on its back.
- Press and hold Power button, then press once the Volume Up button
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, create a backup of your current ROM from the TWRP Recovery main menu
- Then Go to install Option (main menu TWRP) then select the ElementalX kernel Zip file and swipe to flash
- After the installation completes, go to the main menu of TWRP and reboot system
The Boot will take few minutes don’t panic.After your device booted up you can see ElementalXkernel in the setting–>>about Phone
If you have any question related to this post feel free to ask.