The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2017 model is now getting the latest software update that based on Android 9.0 Pie. The firmware update is rolling out via batches in the Asia region with a build number of T385DXU3CSK1. As we all know Android security patch updates bring system security improvements with a couple of vulnerability fixes. If you’re using the Galaxy Tab A 2017 Asian variant, then you can check out the full firmware installation guide. We have shared the steps on How To Install Galaxy Tab A 2017 T385DXU3CSK1 September 2019 Patch [Asia].
The September 2019 Android Security Patch level brings the fix for a major security vulnerability in the Media Framework component that could enable a remote attacker via a crafted file to execute arbitrary code on an Android smartphone. There are no additional features or improvements available in this update. The firmware OTA update is rolling out via batches and can take some time to arrive completely. It’s recommended to check for OTA updates on an interval basis manually.
Check for OTA Updates Manually
The Galaxy Tab A 2017 T385DXU3CSK1 September 2019 Patch update is available in the Asia region. As the OTA update is rolling out via batches, it may take some time to roll-out completely. You can manually check for the OTA update on your Galaxy Tab A 2017 device.
Open the Settings menu on your device -> tap on the Software update -> then select the Download and install option.
However, if you want to manually flash the software update on your Galaxy Tab A 2017 device via Odin flash tool, follow the guide mentioned below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so kindly proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure the battery is charged up to 60% or above.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Follow the guide -> Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows | Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging on your device. Guide
- Create a backup on your device. Check out the guide
- You will require a Windows/Mac PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download all the required files such as firmware, tools, drivers from below. Then proceed to the installation part.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2017 (SM-T385) – T385DXU3CSK1 | Firmware Link (India)
- Download latest ODIN flash tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
How To Install Galaxy Tab A 2017 T385DXU3CSK1 September 2019 Patch
- Download the September 2019 patch firmware update file for Galaxy Tab A 2017 from the download link above.
- After downloading the latest ODIN flash tool from the above link, install it on your computer.
- Then follow our in-depth guides on how to download and install official Samsung firmware files via Odin!
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the latest September 2019 patch update on your Galaxy Tab A 2017 device. Feel free to ask in the comments below if you have any queries.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.