The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Oppo’s sub-brand Realme was founded in 2018 for the online smartphone market in order to compete with other budget category smartphone brands. Currently, within a year, Realme has millions of smartphone users and just like Xiaomi, Realme is trying to deliver a new phone in a particular price range to fulfill the user need. Both the Oppo and Realme devices are running on ColorOS skin based on Android. After the launch of Android 10 this year, most of the smartphone manufacturers are trying to push faster software updates including some of the key features of Android Q as well.
Additionally, the Android OS version has so many flaws and security issues. So, Google is releasing major security patch updates for the devices and the OEMs are also providing faster security patch updates to its devices. Now, if you’re a Realme device user and have missed any OTA update or haven’t received any software update automatically, then you can manually upgrade the stock firmware. Here in this article, we will share How To Install Latest Updates Manually On Realme Devices (Firmware Update Guide).
As the Oppo and Realme devices are running on ColorOS skin, the upgrading method will be almost the same. However, if you’re trying to update your Realme device then you should check for the OTA update first. Just go to the Settings on your device -> Software update -> Check for updates. If any latest update available, download it. That’s the very easiest and traditional way to upgrade your device.
How To Install Latest Updates Manually On Realme Devices (Firmware Update Guide)
- Back up your mobile data at first. (Settings > Additional Settings > Back Up and Reset > Backup & Restore, then select the data that you want to backup]
- Keep the battery level more than 50% to skip accidental shutdown.
- Please do not switch off or operate your device during the update process.
There are two easy methods or ways to install the latest firmware update on your Realme device manually. It doesn’t require any extra tool or PC. Check it out.
Method 01: Simple Mode
- First, download the latest firmware update zip file on your device from here. You can change the region on the download page accordingly.
- Now, transfer the firmware that you’ve downloaded to the phone storage.
- Go to the File Manager and find the firmware file, then click on the firmware, and select Update Now. Wait for the update to succeed.
- That’s it.
Method 02: Recovery Mode
- Transfer the firmware you downloaded to the phone storage or SD Card at first, then switch off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until your phone enters into the Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery menu, choose the language you want.
- Next, select install from the storage device and find the firmware From phone storage or From SD card.
- Click on the firmware and confirm to upgrade the device.
- Do not perform other operations until your phone is updated successfully.
We hope you’ve found this article very helpful.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.