Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Motorola Moto C Plus (Android 8.1 Oreo): Hello friends! Today, we are here to discuss with you how you can easily root your Moto C Plus and install Lineage OS 15.1 in it. Rooting is a fairly simple process which can be performed by anyone given they know the proper steps. One of the biggest benefits of rooting is that it allows you to install custom ROMs. Custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Viper OS are just some of the choices which can help make your device much more powerful and efficient while at the same time giving you total control over it. Lineage OS 15.1 is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo and it comes with not only the features present in the official Oreo firmware but some exciting additional features as well.
Moto C is equipped with a 5.0-inch TFT display screen with HD resolution of 1280x720p, a MediaTek MT6737 Quad-Core 1.3GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Mali T720MP2 GPU, 1/2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 4000mAh Li-Po battery. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, and its other features include an 8.0 MP primary camera, a 2.0 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth v4.2, and more.
If you are a Moto C Plus user who is looking for the perfect rooting guide which will help you root your device and install a custom ROM, then look no further. In this guide, we will give you all the basics of rooting, custom ROMs, its benefits, and more. After that, we will give you a step-by-step guide to help you install this custom ROM within no time.
All available ROMs List: Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Moto C Plus (Oreo and Nougat)
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 3 Pre-Requirements
- 4 Disclaimer
- 5 Download LINEAGE OS 15.1 For Moto C Plus
- 6 Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Motorola Moto C Plus (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like LINEAGE OS 15.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official LINEAGE OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install LINEAGE OS 15.1 On Moto C Plus.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download LINEAGE OS 15.1 For Moto C Plus
- Download The ROM | Source: xda development page | Credit: DhirajMS
- Download Official GApps For Official LINEAGE OS 15.1
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Motorola Moto C Plus (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.