Guide: Download and Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with locked bootloader.Yeah, now you can Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with the locked bootloader by following the steps mentioned below.
Rooting a device can be a very frightening job if you don’t know the correct procedure and what all software you need to get the job done efficiently. Most people mess up a step or two and end up harming their device as well as losing the warranty of the device which renders the device useless.
Here is a guide which focuses on unlocking the bootloader of Redmi Note 3 without waiting for Xiaomi to officially unlock it which usually takes around 2 weeks as their servers need to get updated.
This guide will tell you about an easy and safe method which will prevent you from waiting on stock MiUi for officially unlocking your bootloader. It will also allow you to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 which was released recently.
You going through the below-mentioned process, you will be needed to download some important software first which will be essential to the task you are going to perform.
(Credit: khajiit, Senior Member Over Xda)
- Psy_man’s latest firmware (choose correct device)
- [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.1][kenzo]LineageOS 14.1
- Open Google Apps – ARM64 – Android 7.1
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with locked bootloader
After downloading the above given software, you will need to follow these instructions carefully:
- Extract the MiUi 8 Global Developer ROM and then replace the file named recovery.img with ZCX TWRP’s recovery.img.
- Now flash your device using Mi Flash in EDL mode and then check clean_all.
- After flashing is complete, unplug and press the volume up+power button until the Mi logo shows up and then release the buttons to boot to TWRP.
- Now reboot to system. Select disable stock recovery replace now.
- Now, boot to MiUi and then complete initial setup.
- Shut down your device and then boot to TWRP again
- Now select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Check Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data, and Internal Storage Cache -> Swipe to Wipe.
- Now, flash Psy_man’s latest firmware, LineageOS 14.1 and Google Apps.
Some problems might occur when installing LineageOS. If anything goes wrong, retry by starting all over again.
- Make sure you are only putting MiUi Global Developer ROM in C:\ROM. An error might come if you have used spaces in folder names.
- In case you have flashed something wrong and you aren’t getting SIM card signal, go to EFS recovery guide for help.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.