Download and Install Liquid Remix ROM On OnePlus 5T | Android 8.1 Oreo (v9.0.8): OnePlus 5T is one of the most popular android device released last year.There are loads of development happening around the device.The device has received many Oreo based ROM like Lineage OS 15.1 both Unofficial and Official.Now there is another ROM available For the device.
We like to thank iquid0624, Senior Member over Xda for sharing the Liquid Remix v9.0.8 ROM.The ROM is based On latest Android 8.1 Oreo and has all the features from the stock firmware.To know about the ROM please check the official Xda thread here (development page)
OnePlus released OnePlus 5T which is the latest flagship device from the company, OnePlus 5T is the upgraded version of OnePlus 5 while there no major changes except the display and fingerprint sensor moved to back. Now the company is making preparations for the next flagship device OnePlus 6. The most readily visible change in OnePlus 5T is display, which is now tall, trendy 18:9 6-inches bezel-less display at 2160×1080 pixels at 401 PPI density. It is packed with the 16+20MP dual primary camera and 16 MP front-facing camera. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, 6/8 gigs of RAM with 3400 mAh battery. It comes with Android Nougat out of the box.
The Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Liquid Remix ROM on OnePlus 5T based on Android 8.1 Oreo is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install Liquid Remix ROM on OnePlus 5T (Android 8.1 Oreo).[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”16″ bg_color=”#095689″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Liquid Remix ROM Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Liquid Remix ROM is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Liquid Remix ROM.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Liquid Remix ROM On OnePlus 5T.
- Liquid Remix ROM for OnePlus 5T
- Download Official GApps For Liquid Remix ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to install Liquid Remix ROM On OnePlus 5T | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Liquid Remix ROM Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.