Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5 (OxygenOS Open Beta 6) – OnePlus 5 has now received another Open Beta Update which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.OnePlus 5’a OxygenOS Open Beta 6 build has started rolling out in some regions.The update brings latest Android 8.1 Oreo to the device.It updates the security patch to February 2018. OnePlus 5 Android 8.1 Oreo update (OxygenOS Open Beta 6) is around 1.6GB.With all the major new features it also brings General bug fixes and stability improvements. In common General bug fixes and system stability improvements are part of this update.
OnePlus has taken this OTA update game to another level. They are now very consistent in pushing out OTA updates for their flagship devices. While OnePlus 5T yet to taste Android Oreo even as the beta. And Stable Android Oreo for OnePlus 5 is planned to release bt end of the December or first half of January.
This update is rolled via OTA in selected regions only. You can manually check the latest update, Go To Settings > Software Update > Check for Updates. It will take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. So if you want to update your device to latest OxygenOs then Download and Install Android Oreo Open Beta 6 on OnePlus 5.
Check Out Our Latest Update > Download and Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 On OnePlus 5 | Android 8.1 Oreo
What’s New On OnePlus 5 Android 8.1 Oreo update (OxygenOS Open Beta 6)
- Upgraded system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Added more clock styles for ambient display
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-02
- Added New auto pick up gesture – answer incoming call by raising the phone
- Added global roaming solution
- Gaming Mode
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode for immersive gaming experience including
- Notifications blocking, power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- OnePlus Switch
- Supported data migration for application backup
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 Smartphones.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Download Android Oreo Open Beta 6 For OnePlus 5
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download OnePlus 5 Oreo Open Beta 2
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5 (OxygenOS Open Beta 6)
- First, Enable “USB Debugging” on your OnePlus 5. Guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Now download and install adb drivers on your PC
- Install the OnePlus USB drivers On PC
- Download Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 5.
- Then, switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
- In recovery menu, choose “Install from adb,” tap on OK to confirm. You will see “You are in sideload mode” screen will be displayed.
- Now execute the following codes
- Now, Install Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5 executing the following command.
adb sideload <finename>
- Wait until the installation process completes
Hope you found this article helpful. let us know your feedback on Android Oreo.:)