OnePlus company released new flagship device earlier this month. The new flagship device is named as OnePlus 5T which is the upgraded version of OnePlus 5 which is in released middle of 2017. The most readily visible change in OnePlus 5T is display, which is now tall, trendy 18:9 6-inches bezel-less display at 2160×1080 pixels at 401 PPI density. It is packed with the 16+20MP dual primary camera and 16 MP front-facing camera. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, 6/8 gigs of RAM with 3400 mAh battery. It comes with Android Nougat out of the box.
OnePlus smartphones from the company have become popular for being the most developer-friendly OEM when compared to other OEMs. Every OEM smartphones come with the locked bootloader and most of the OEM smartphones warranty will be void if device bootloader is unlocked but this does not happen with OnePlus devices. Unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus device is extremely easy that you don’t have to request any code to unlock the bootloader. If you mess up with the device and your device bootloader is unlocked then you can take your device to OnePlus Support and claim warranty, which is not possible with every OEM.
If you own OnePlus 5T, installed any Custom ROM on your device and want to rollback to stock ROM then you are the right place. In this article, we will how to install stock ROM on OnePlus 5T and relock the bootloader.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 Smartphones.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend taking complete backup
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Steps to Install OnePlus 5T Stock ROM/Firmware (Back To Stock | Restore)
- Download the OxygenOS ROM zip file and Stock Recovery zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select OxygenOS ROM (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your ROM is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Now repeat the same above procedure to flash Stock Recovery zip file.
- Once done, reboot to bootloader from the TWRP main menu
- Now execute the following codes (This command will confirm if your deviceis connected or not)
- Now, Execute the following command to lock the bootloader
fastboot oem lock
- Now, use the volume buttons to highlight the yes and click on the power button to confirm.
- Your OnePlus 5T will reboot to Stock OxygenOS Rom with the locked bootloader.
Hope you have successfully installed Stock ROM on OnePlus 5T. If you face any issues let us know in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page