If you’re using the Realme XT from Oppo’s sub-brand Realme and want to install a Custom Recovery Project called Orange Fox Recovery Project on your device, this guide is for you. Here we will also share with you the details about Orange Fox Custom recovery.
The Realme XT (RMX1921) was launched a month ago upper mid-range specifications and features. It has a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 SoC, Android 9 Pie, etc. The handset packs 4GB/6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage options that also support 256GB of dedicated MicroSD card.
It sports a quad rear camera setup of a 64MP wide-angle (f/1.8) lens, secondary 8MP ultra-wide (f/2.3) lens, a 2MP (f/2.4) dedicated Macro Lens, a 2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor as well. The rear camera setup features PDAF, HDR, Panorama, etc. While there is a 16MP (f/2.0) selfie camera available with HDR and Panorama as well. It has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, etc. The device packs a 4000mAh battery with 20W VOOC Flash Charge 3.0 technology.
Orange Fox Recovery Project
The Orange Fox Recovery project is a Custom Recovery that is based on TWRP recovery’s source code but with extra features. Custom recovery is a very stable recovery and can be used on supported devices. The ROM supports both projects trebled ROMs and Non-trebled ROMs. The Recovery supports init.d functionality, Magisk, and SuperSU. The Recovery has it’s own theme engine which has some pre-built themes to apply. This is developed by individual developers of Xda. We will be sharing the development page link in the bottom section of the page.
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date Oreo kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
- White Flashlight
- Password, torch, led
- Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
- Better language support
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Fox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of the splash screen
- Alternative lock screen
- Bug fixes
- Download Orange Fox Recovery Here
- Download Android USB Drivers on your PC and install it.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot drivers
- Your device should have unlocked the bootloader
- You need to install TWRP Recovery on the Realme XT device
Guide To Install Treble Orange Fox Recovery Project on Realme XT
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now, reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a Nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Next, go back to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the recovery
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now, go back to the main menu of TWRP again and install the Orange Fox Recovery
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods).
We hope this guide is helpful to you.