If you’re a OnePlus 10T user looking to enjoy the Pixel Experience ROM on your smartphone, then that is a real possibility. In this guide, you’ll get to know the steps to install the Pixel Experience ROM onto your OnePlus 10T. This has been made possible due to the Generic System Image or better known as GSI. So without further ado, let’s begin with steps.
How to install Pixel Experience Custom ROM on OnePlus 10T
Step 1: Install Android SDK
Firstly, you’ll need to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary offered by Google. You’ll need to download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC.
Step 2: Download Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 10T
You should grab hold of the Pixel Experience GSI ROM for your smartphone from the link mentioned below. You’ll find three different versions of the GSI ROM – the arm64-ab, arm64-ab-slim, and arm64-ab-vndklite. You’ll need to download the normal variant – the arm64-ab.
- Download – Pixel Experience ROM
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 10T
Then, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader on your smartphone. Remember that this process will wipe off the data and may nullify the device’s warranty too.
Step 4: Extract OnePlus 10T Payload.bin
- To start off, download and extract the stock firmware of the OnePlus 10T
- Once it is extracted, you’ll get a few files including the payload.bin
- Extract the payload file
- Once the extraction is done, copy the vbmeta.img file
- Transfer it to the platform-tools folder on your PC
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot mode
- Connect your OnePlus 10T to the PC via the USB cable while ensuring that USB-debugging is enabled
- Head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar before hitting enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Type in the following command to boot your smartphone to Fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Type in the following command to boot your smartphone to the FastbootD mode
fastboot reboot fastboot
Step 6: Delete cow partitions
- Download the Fastboot Enhance Tool and then extract it to your PC
- Launch it using its exe file
- Your device will be listed under the Fasstboot Virtualization tab, you’ll need to click on it
- Then, head over to the Partitions tab and then type in cow
- Select all the partitions from the results that feature “cow” in their name before hitting the Delete button
Step 7: Flash/Install the Pixel Experience ROM on your OnePlus 10T
- Start by extracting the GSI ROM inside the platform-tools folder
- Rename the ROM file to the system such that the complete name becomes “system.img”
- Ensure that the vbmeta file is present inside the platform-tools folder and your smartphone will be booted to FastbootD Mode
- Then, use the below command for flashing vbmeta and disable the verification check
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vmbeta.img
- Erase the system partition through the below command
fastboot erase system
- Use the below command for flashing the GSI ROM onto your OnePlus 10T
fastboot flash system system.img
- Once it is done, boot your device to the newly installed ROM using the below command
As a result, your OnePlus 10T can now run the Pixel Experience ROM. I truly hope that you find this tutorial to be informative. You can leave your thoughts in the comments section.