Download/Install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto G5 (Android 8.1 Oreo) | Codenamed: cedric: Have you ever rooted an Android device before? Have you ever installed a custom ROM? If no was the answer to both of these questions, then we are here to give you the information which will help you change that. Rooting is one of the most beneficial features available on an Android smartphone. One of the biggest advantages of rooting is that it gives you the option of installing custom ROMs. Custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Viper OS are some of the best custom ROMs available in the Android market. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss Resurrection Remix Oreo and how any Moto G5 user can easily download and install it on their device easily. This custom ROM is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo firmware and it comes with not only the features of the stock ROM but also other additional features which make it the better choice.
Moto has been releasing some excellent models time after time ever since it came back. Its Moto G5 is an excellent device which comes with a 5.0-inch IPS LCD display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a powerful Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 Quad Core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 505 GPU, 2/3 GB RAM, 16/32 GB ROM storage capacity, and a removable 2800mAh Li-Ion battery. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat (upgradable to Android 8.0), and its other features include a 13.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, fingerprint scanner, Wi-Fi, GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth v4.2, and more.
In case you are a Moto G5 user who is tired of looking for the perfect guide to help you install a custom ROM, then this is the place for you to be. In this post, we will give you all the important details that you must know before beginning to root your device, and then we will give you a step-by-step guide to help you install the custom ROM.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs Resurrection Remix or LineageOS 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official Resurrection Remix Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Resurrection Remix On Moto G5.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Resurrection Remix For Moto G5 (Resurrection Remix v6.0.0)
- Download The ROM | Credit: razer78
- Download Official GApps For Official Resurrection Remix
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Resurrection Remix On Moto G5 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (RR v6.0.0)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.