Download/Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On OnePlus 3/3T (Android 8.1 Oreo)| RR v6.0.0: Both the OnePlus 3 and 3T were released in 2016 and comes with all most same specs and features.While the OnePlus 3 was released earlier in 2016, the OnePlus 3T was released later that year.OnePlus 3 is powered by Qualcomm’s 820 CPU where the OnePlus 3T is powered by Snapdragon 821 CPU.Both the device have 4/6 GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage.Both the device has a large 5.5 inches Full HD AMOLED Display.Both the device has been upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo officially.In the camera department, OnePlus 3T has 16MP front and back camera.It houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery.Both support quick charging and comes with industry’s best Dash charge.It has USB Type -C port.
Like all the OnePlus devices OnePlus 3/3T is very developer friendly.There are tons of custom ROMs available for the device despite being so new.Lineage OS 15.1 and Official Resurrection Remix v6.0.0 have been released for the device.It will get many more custom ROMs in coming days.
Resurrection Remix’s latest Official build v6.0.0 has been released for many smartphones.The latest build is based on Android 8.1 Oreo which is the latest Android version.Now OnePlus 3/3T has started getting the Resurrection Remix v6.0.0 Custom ROM.If you are a OnePlus 3/3T user then you can Update OnePlus 3/3T To Android 8.1 Oreo Via Resurrection Remix v6.0.0.
But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed.So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide.We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On OnePlus 3/3T (Android 8.1 Oreo)| RR v6.0.0
Full Custom ROMs List:
What is Custom ROM On Android?
- 1 What is Custom ROM On Android?
- 1.1 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 1.2 DISCLAIMER
- 1.3 PRE-REQUISITES
- 2 Downloads
- 3 Steps To Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On OnePlus 3/3T (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like EXTENDED or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here >What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the OnePlus 3/3T only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps To Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On OnePlus 3/3T (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your OnePlus 3/3T using your data cable.
- Reboot your OnePlus 3/3T into the recovery mode.
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on your device
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 3/3T. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of RR v6.0.0 built off of Android 8.1 Oreo!