How to Install Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5: OnePlus 5 has been one of the most successful devices of 2017. People are also getting more aware about the brand just because of its amazing offering. As we all know, OnePlus devices have one of the amazing developer support. Also, rooting or having a custom ROM does not void the warranty on OnePlus 5. Due to this, people always root their OnePlus devices and install custom ROMS.
In case you go back to the stock ROM to get regular OTA updates, you would require the stock recovery for the process. In this article, we will be sharing How to Install Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5. Reverting back to stock recovery will make the updating process easier. Also, no extra effort will be required in case you are updating your device through OTA on stock recovery.
Follow the guide below on How to Install Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5. We have also mentioned links to all the necessary guides and downloads below. Proceed further to install stock recovery on OnePlus 5.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only for OnePlus 5 Smartphone.
- Follow the below Guide exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
How to Install Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5
Steps to Install Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5
- Download the recovery file for the OnePlus 5 to the PC
- Rename this file to just “recovery.img” (without the quotes)
- Move/copy that IMG file to the same directory that your ADB/Fastboot tools are in
- Open a Command Prompt/Terminal/PowerShell from that ADB directory
- Boot the OnePlus 5 into Fastboot Mode
- Type the following command into the Command Prompt. . .
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Press the Enter button on the keyboard
- Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight the Recovery Mode option
- Press the Power button to select this option
- Wait for the OnePlus 5 to boot into Recovery Mode so you know it installed properly
- Then Exit Recovery Mode and boot back into Android
Hope you found this article helpful. In case you have any doubts, leave them below. We’ll be glad to help you out.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.