In this guide, you will learn How to safely Install TWRP 3.0 & Root HTC One M9 On Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.As you guys know Htc One M9 is updated to latest marshmallow 6.0.1 by HTC.So now you have to install TWRP 3.0 on the device then you can root it by flashing the latest SuperSu.zip file via TWRP recovery.Just follow the given steps to get root access on Htc one M9 running Android 6.0.1 marshmallow
Htc M9 was Launched in March 2015 and was the flagship from Htc.It is the successor to the very popular Htc One M8.It comes with 5.00 inches with 1080 pixels by 1920 resolution & is powered by 1.5 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor 810 coupled with 3GB of RAM.It has 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128 GB through a microSD card.the HTC One M9 comes with a 20-megapixel rear camera and a front shooter 4 Ultrapixel shooter.
Htc has started updating Htc one M9 to latest Android 6.0.1 marshmallow.If you have updated your device to the latest firmware, then you must have lost the root access on your device.You have to manually install the TWRP 3.0 on your Htc one M9 again.Mazke sure you have a windows PC with Adb & Fastboot drivers installed.Here we will be using Fastboot commands to install the TWRP recovery on Htc One M9.
After Installing the TWRP 3.0 On Htc One M9, you can flash the latest SuperSu root pack via TWRP recovery to regain the root access on your device.It is a very simple and easy process.Just follow the step by step guide given bwlow to Safely Install TWRP 3.0 & Root HTC One M9 On Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
- Download Sprint HTC One M9 Official Marshmallow firmware 3.33.651.2 Android 6.0
- Download Official CM13 ROM For Htc One M9 (Himaul)
- Ultimate List Of Best Custom ROMs For HTC One M9
- How to Root and Install TWRP on HTC One M9 in 5 min (For Lollipop 5.0 and above)
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Htc Oe M9 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Remember Before rooting:
How to Install TWRP 3.0 & Root HTC One M9 On Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
- Rooting your phone can void your warranty
- Make sure your device is running latest marshmallow update.This guide is only for Htc One M9 (Int) running Marshmallow
- You can unroot it if you want
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader
- Install ADB & fastboot drivers on your PC.Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- Enable developer options .Go To Settings -> About Phone -> Tap On “Build Number” 7 Times To Enable Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging .Go To Your Settings -> Developer Options -> Tick The “Usb Debugging” Checkbox .
- Enable OEM Unlock .Go To Your Settings -> Developer Options -> Tick The“Oem Unlock” Checkbox.
→As you guys know, inorder to root Htc one M9 On Marshmallow we have to install the TWRP recovery first then we can flash the SuperSu root file to get root access.
Super-Su (download the v2.71)
Install TWRP 3.0 & Root HTC One M9 On Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
→ First read the Pre-requiremet section carefully then follow the steps to Install TWRP 3.0 & Root HTC One M9 On Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Step -1 How To Install TWRP 3.0 On HTC One M9 Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
- Make sure you have ADB & Fastboot installed on your device.
- Then Download Latest Twrp 3.0 Rename it To “recovery.img”
- Now put the “recovery.img” in the Fastboot folder
- Then Connect Your Phone To Pc via USB cable
- Open Command Prompt Inside Fastboot folder Folder by (Shift + Mouse Right Click -> Open Cmd Here ) .
- Issue the following commands then hit enter in cmd window to boot your device in bootloader mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now time to Flash Recovery Img.Just issue the command given below
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now isssue the following copmmand to reboot Your Phone
TWRP 3.0 is now sucessfully installed on your Htc One M9 🙂
Step -2 How To Root HTC One M9 On Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
- Download the SuperSu file from the download section above
- Now Flash the SuperSu file via TWRP 3.0 to get yor Htc One M9 rooted.Guide > How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!! your device is now rooted
If you have any question related to this post feel free to leave that in the comment section.