Step By Step Guide How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG V20 US996 (US version): LG V20 is one of the best phones of 2016. It is the best LG phone ever made. Many users are using this high-end phone as their daily drivers. If you are one of them and you want to root LG V20 US996 then you have a great news for you. Now you can easily Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG V20 US996
As this is a carrier-based device, it comes with many pre-loaded apps and games (Bloatware) which are no use of. They take space and make the phone slower.You can disable those apps but you can’t completely remove or uninstall them. Your device needs to have root access to delete those apps. We have a detailed article on ” What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages “.
First, you have to unlock the bootloader of LG V20 US996, then you can install the TWRP recovery using ADB and Fastboot commands. Once TWRP is installed, you can flash SuperSu root package via TWRP recovery. Don’t worry we are going to share a detailed guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG V20 US996 below.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG V20 US996 while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- The Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Take a backup of your important data
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC.Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- Now Enable Developer option and USB Debugging > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG V20 US996
→Read the Pre-Requirements
- First Download TWRP 3.0.2,1 Recovery for LG V20 US996
Follow this guide to Install TWRP recovery On LG V20 US996 using Fastboot commands. Guide > How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
Now you can Root LG V20 US996 by flashing the SuperSu File using TWRP recovery
HOW TO SAFELY ROOT LG V20 US996
- Download the SuperSu.zip root file and put it in internal memory of your device
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode (Just switch off your device and the press volume down and power button simultaneously for 5 sec and then leave it to boot into recovery mode)
- Now follow the guide to Flash SuperSu Via TWRP to root your LG V20 US996.Guide > How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!!!Your device is now rooted
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.