Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G6 / G6 Plus: Motorola which is owned by Lenovo bounced back with the release of the Original Moto G in 2013. Since then Moto G devices have become the most popular line up of the company. Every year Moto releases two devices in the Moto G series. One is the base model and another with a bigger screen and a better camera. This year Moto G6 and Moto G6 Plus were released. Moto G6 and Moto G6 Plus are the successor to the Moto G5s and Moto G5s Plus respectively.
The Moto G6 comes equipped with a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device is powered by Octa-core 1.8 GHz Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 CPU coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. It has 32GB or 64GB internal memory (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card). The Moto G6 sports a Dual 12 MP (f/1.8) + 5 MP (f/2.2) rear and 8MP front camera with LED flash.
The Moto G6 Plus, on the other hand, has a larger 5.9-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by a mid-range Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 CPU coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. It has 64/128GB internal memory (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card). The device sports Dual 12 MP (f/1.7) + 5 MP (f/2.2) rear camera and 8MP front shooting camera with LED flash.
Process Of Rooting
- 1 Process Of Rooting
- 2 How To Install TWRP and Root Moto G6 / G6 Plus
- 3 How To Unroot Moto G6 / G6 Plus
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in Android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP.
Motorola devices are very popular among the developers. The Moto G6 and Moto G6 Plus have received a working TWRP recovery file, which means users can gain root access on their Moto G6 / G6 Plus by flashing SuperSu or Magisk via TWRP recovery. This is really a great news for power users like us. If you are interested, then follow the guide to Install TWRP and Root Moto G6 / G6 Plus.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
- Check Out Our Popular Posts
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- The Lineage OS 15.1 Official Device List (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running plus grams as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. If your bootloader is locked then you have to unlock it. The guide is given below.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
- Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
How To Install TWRP and Root Moto G6 / G6 Plus
First of all, the user has to unlock the bootloader of the device. After that he/she can install TWRP recovery on Moto G6 / G6 Plus.
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader On Moto G6 / G6 Plus
We have done a dedicated post bootloader unlocking of Moto G6 / G6 Plus. Follow the guide linked below.
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery On Moto G6 / G6 Plus
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked. Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the TWRP Recovery and transfer it to the Fastboot folder (currently not available)
- Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your Moto G6 / G6 Plus.
Step 3: Root Moto G6 / G6 Plus
Using SuperSu To Root Moto G6 / G6 Plus
- Download the latest SuperSu zip (Download)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
Using Magisk To Root Moto G6 / G6 Plus
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
How To Unroot Moto G6 / G6 Plus
- You have to flash the stock officila firmware to unroot your device completely.
That’s it. Your Cloudfone Thrill Plus has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.