Step-By-Step Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 5A: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A is the recent device from Xiaomi and it has not even been a month since its release, the device has already received an unofficial build to the custom TWRP Recovery along with the SuperSu file. The Redmi Note 5A comes with an entry-level Snapdragon 435 processor and 4GB of RAM. The unofficial build of TWRP for the Redmi Note 5A works without any issues.
Since the bootloader of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A is unlockable, you can easily install a custom TWRP Recovery on your device and root your Redmi Note 5A. Rooting your device gives you a few additional permissions and you can also install custom ROMs through the TWRP recovery. Custom ROMs are usually based on stock Android, so if you are not a fan of MIUI, you can root your phone to install custom ROMs.
You need a computer in order to install a TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A. Once the installation process is complete, you can follow the below step by step instructions to download and flash the superSU zip file on your Redmi Note 5A to grant the root permissions to your device. Follow the guide carefully and make sure to a complete backup before you proceed.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Redmi Note 5A while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
→ Full Guide to safely Install TWRP recovery, and Root Redmi Note 5A.
Step To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 5A
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery img from the download section.
- Now for installing TWRP Recovery, check out this guide → How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
→ Now you can Root Redmi Note 5A by flashing the SuperSu File using TWRP recovery
#1) Steps To Safely Root Redmi Note 5A (SuperSu Method)
- Download the SuperSu.zip root file and put it in internal memory of your device (Check the download section above)
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode (Just switch off your device and the press volume down and power button simultaneously for 5 sec and then leave it to boot into recovery mode)
- Now in TWRP recovery firstly, you have to flash Bootimg patcher and then after that flash the Super Su zip file.
- Done!!! Your device is now rooted
Note: You can root your device by flashing the Magisk too.For the follow the guide below
#2) Steps To Root Xioami Redmi Note 5A Using Magisk
- Download the Magisk zip and Magisk Manager apk file given below
- Now Copy both files to your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (Allow for system modification if it so asks.)
- Tap on Install and select the Magisk zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process.
- Once Magisk is flashed, reboot your device from TWRP main menu.
- Once your device reboots, open a file manager app » go to the folder where transferred the Magisk Manager apk file in Step 1 above, and install it.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and check for your device’s root status.
If you have any queries regarding this, then feel free to ask in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.