Do you own a T-Mobile LG G5 H830 and want to get root on it??If yes, then there is a great news for you.Now you can easily root LG G5 H830 on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 using TOT file which comes with TWRP pre-built.Follow the given steps to safely Unlock bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery & Root T-Mobile LG G5 H830
Special thanks to developer tungkick over at Xda for sharing the TOT firmware file.As I mentioned before, the TOT firmware file comes with TWRP recovery that means you can boot into TWRP recovery after flashing the TOT file.But before we have to unlock the bootloader of the device then we can Root T-Mobile LG G5 H830.Make sure your device is running the stock Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 unmodified Firmware.If you are on a modified firmware or customROM then please install the stock ROM then follow the given steps.Otherwise, you may brick your device
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Now Enable Developer option.Go to Settings –> About phone –> tap Build number seven times to enable “Developer Options”
- Now Enable “OEM Unlock” from “Developer Option”
→ Full Guide to safely Unlock bootloader, Install TWRP recovery, and Root T-Mobile LG G5 H830
download & Install both the above files on your Computer
TOT file with TWRP for rooting T-Mobile G5
Disable DM Verity file
Unlock bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery & Root T-Mobile LG G5 H830
- First we have to unlock the bootloader of LG G5 T-mobile H830.Guide How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot
- Your Lg G5 H830’s bootloader is unlocked
Install TWRP Recovery On T-Mobile LG G5 H830
- Boot your T-Mobile G5 into Download Mode
2)Hold Volume UP button and connect the device to PC via USB cable (while holding the Vol UP button).
- Once you are in download mode, extract the LGH830AT-01-V10a-310-260-MAR-04-2016-ARB00+0FULLROOT.rar file you downloaded above to get the LGH830AT-01-V10a-310-260-MAR-04-2016-ARB00+0FULLROOT.tot file.
- Now Open the LGUP Tool » Select Upgrade option » Select the TOT file » Start.
- Once the process is completed, boot your device
- TWRP recovery is now installed On your T-Mobile LG G5 H830
How To Root T-Mobile LG G5 H830 Uisng SuperSu
- Connect your device to the computer via usb then transfer the SuperSU and DM-Verity disable zip files to your device
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery again
2) Hold Power and Volume Down button together and soon as you see the LG logo, release the buttons for a moment and then press hold both the buttons again until you see the TWRP recovery screen.
- Go to Install section of TWRP recovery
- Flash SuperSU and DM-Verity disable zip files
- Done!!!! Now Reboot your LG G5 H830.Your device is now rooted.