May 12, 2017 – In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S8/S8+. The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus, both are the latest flagship offerings from Samsung. With an infinity display, the best specs in the market, a rock solid camera, and a pretty slimmed down software experience, the Galaxy S8 has set out to become, yet again, the best smartphone in the world..for now.
Rooting a device gives you additional benefits like being able to install special apps, flash custom ROMs, so basically, you can streamline your phone’s performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted.
Now here we come with a full working guide on How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S8/S8+. While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S8/S8+
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are Installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your S8/S8+ from the download section above (Download according to your model)
→ Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP 3.1.0 Recovery On Galaxy S8/S8+ > How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
Steps to Root your device via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time.)
- Select “Wipe” from the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the SuperSU installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your zip file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.