Samsung launched its latest flagship device, the Samsung Galaxy S8 earlier this year. The device was hugely anticipated primarily because of its infinity display. Also, with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 debacle, the Galaxy S8 was Samsung’s chance to make all the wrongs right. While the S8 is great in many ways like the performance and the camera quality, it had one minor downside which is the Touchwiz OS.
Touchwiz was Samsung’s exclusive Android OS and it was heavily skinned and filled with a lot of new features. However most Samsung users were not that much fond of it mainly due to the bloatwares and unnecessary features it came with. If you have a carrier exclusive Samsung Galaxy S8, then it might additionally have built in apps of the carrier.
So, in case you have ever thought of removing these bloatware or thought that how great would it be to have a cleaner and a smoother version of Stock Android which is more optimized than Touchwiz, then all you have to do is to follow the detailed instructions below.
The step by step instructions will guide you to install a Custom Recovery on your Samsung S8 Sprint SM-G950U currently running the latest version of Android Nougat and also to root the same. By rooting your phone, you get the freedom to install any app from your device, including system apps. Also with a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your Galaxy S8 you can even flash Custom ROMs which are closer to providing the Stock Android experience.
Related: How To Root Sprint Galaxy S8/S8 Plus On Android 7.0 Nougat
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install TWRP and Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Install TWRP Recovery On Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your S8 Sprint SM-G950U from the download section above
→ Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery On your Samsung Galaxy S8 Sprint SM-G950U > How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
Steps to Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8 device via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time.)
- Select “Wipe” from the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the SuperSU installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your zip file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.