Download and Install ViperOS On Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat): Rooting? Sounds like an outrageously difficult task to execute right? But in reality, it is anything but that. Rooting is a fairly simple processor which can be performed easily by anyone be it processer, programmer, or even a casual Android user given they know all the proper steps. Once you have gained root access, you will have an abundance of options for tinkering with the settings, making changes to the interface, getting rid of the bloatware, and most importantly for downloading and installing custom ROMs. Today, in this post, we will discuss ViperOS and how any Xiaomi Mi A1 user can easily install it on your device. This update is based on the Android 7.1.2 Nougat source code and it comes with some amazing additional features apart from the ones already present in the Nougat firmware.
Xiaomi Mi A1 comes with a 5.5-inch LTPS IPS LCD Capacitive display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Octa-Core 2.0GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 506 GPU, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 3080mAh Li-Ion battery. The Mi A1 comes with Android 7.1.2 Nougat out of the box (upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo), and its other features include a dual 12.0 MP primary camera, a 5.0 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, GLONASS, fingerprint scanner, and more.
If you happen to be a Xiaomi Mi A1 user who is tired of looking for the perfect guide to help you install a custom ROM, then this is the destination for you. Here, we will be giving you not only an elaborate instruction manual to install a custom ROM but we will also be giving you all the details on rooting, its benefits, custom ROMs, and more.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 3 Pre-Requirements
- 4 Disclaimer
- 5 Download ViperOS For Xiaomi Mi A1
- 6 Steps To Install ViperOS On Xiaomi Mi A1 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like ViperOS or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
Full ROM List > Xiaomi Mi A1 Custom ROMs Collection | Android Nougat and Oreo
- [Download Links Added] Official ViperOS.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install ViperOS ROM On Xiaomi Mi A1.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download ViperOS For Xiaomi Mi A1
Get Latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install ViperOS On Xiaomi Mi A1 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Source: 4pda Forum