Every June, Apple officially announces and demonstrates the latest version of iOS for your iPhone but the update itself doesn’t actually start launching until the fall. This year, Apple announced the introduction of iOS 16, which is full of new features and upgrades. Apple has now rolled out iOS 16 Public Beta 6 update for iPhone users. iOS 16 official stable update is scheduled to be release in September. Last week iOS 16 Developer Beta 7 and iOS 16 Public Beta 5 were released.
The only way to do so would be by downloading and installing the iOS 16 Beta updates and this guide will help you with that. If you’re looking to install the full public version of iOS 16 on your iPhone, you’ll get to know about it here.
What’s new in the iOS 16 Public Beta 6 release?
The latest iOS 16 Public Beta 6 has officially been released and so far, the iOS community hasn’t noticed any obvious new features or major changes from the latest release. The update mostly constitutes of general bug fixes and a few improvements. An iOS 16 update is expected to be released in the next couple of weeks and the focus won’t just be on fixing bugs. The other changes are expected to arrive later in the iOS 16.1 update.
How to install the iOS 16 Public Beta update?
- Click Sign Up on the Apple Beta page and then register with your Apple ID
- Then, log in to the Beta Software Program
- You should click enroll on your iOS device (If you’ve signed up for a previous beta update, you might have to uninstall the profile and then re-enroll for the new one)
- Head over to beta.apple.com/profile on your iPhone
- Download and install your configuration profile
- You might have to jump over to Settings and then enable the profile
- Head over to General -> VPN and Device Management before tapping on the iOS 16 Beta Profile there
- This will make the Beta version available in the Settings app under General -> Software Update
If you’re using the latest beta version of iOS 16, please leave a comment below and tell us about your experience.