The iQoo Z5 devices have started receiving a new update and it comes in the form of the May 2022 Security Patch Update, The update can be identified easily as it comes with the firmware version PD2148F_EX_36.12.6 and it’ll come designed for the Indian variants. The update comes with several bug fixes and enhancements made to the device. The touchscreen response has been fixed and so is the issue where transmission occasionally failed when using EasyShare. The update will be distributed via OTA in batches and it’ll be released in other markets in the coming days and weeks.
Changelog for the May 2022 Security Update for iQoo Z5
The iQoo Z5 users in India have been receiving the new May 2022 Security Patch Update and it’ll come with the build number PD2148F_EX_36.12.6. As this is a security update, you’ll need to connect your device to a high-speed Wi-Fi connection and have over 60% battery backup to seamlessly download and install the update.
- Updated the Android security to May 2022
- Improved system security
- Fixed the issue where the touchscreen occasionally wasn’t responding until you’ve restarted the phone
- Fixed the issue where the transmission occasionally failed when using EasyShare
How to update your iQoo Z5?
You can manually download and install this update by going to your device’s settings. For doing that, follow these simple instructions –
- Open the Settings
- Click on System and Updates
- Now, open Software Update
- Tap on the option Check for Updates
- If the update is available, simply click on Download and Install
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your iQoo Z5