Samsung has officially kicked off the One UI 5.0 Beta Program for Samsung Galaxy S22 Series users who are looking to test the latest Android 13. The One UI 5.0 Beta Program has gone live for users in Germany and more regions are expected to receive the update soon.
Samsung has mentioned that currently, only the unlocked variants will get the One UI 5.0 Beta. However, if you’ve got a carrier-locked variant, you can still perform a few steps to check if it’s available for your device or not.
How to apply for the One UI 5.0 beta program?
Here is how you can easily apply for the One UI 5.0 Beta Program for Android 13 –
- Open the Samsung Members app. Install it if it isn’t there on your device.
- Now, you’ll find a One UI 5.0 Beta banner on top if your device is eligible for the Beta Program. If the banner isn’t available, tap on the notification icon for checking the missed banners.
- Once you’ve found the banner, tap the banner and then tap enroll button.
- It’ll show you a pop-up and you’ll need to tap on “Continue”.
- Then, it’ll show Withdraw button, which essentially means that you’ve successfully enrolled for the One UI 5.0 Beta
How to download and install One UI 5.0 Beta
Once you’ve joined the One UI 5.0 Beta Program, you should wait for a while, and then you can download and install the update manually. Before updating, you should take a backup of your device while also having it charged up to 60%.
- Ensure that your device is connected to the Internet and head over to Settings
- Go to Software Update before going to Download and Install
- It’ll show you the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Beta Update that you can now install
Once you’ve installed the first beta, you’ll keep on getting OTA updates for new Beta Updates until you’ve withdrawn from the Beta program. If you’re looking to roll back to the One UI 4.0 built, you’ll need to reset your device.