Download/Install Lineage Os 14.1 On Redmi Note 5 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat): If you are the users of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 then here is the good news for you now you can get the latest version of Android Nougat 7.1.2on your device. Though this is not the official update by the manufacturer this is a Custom ROM from the team at LineageOS 14.1. You can flash this custom ROM easily we have shared each and every step to do so.
The Redmi Note 5 is an entry level android smartphone which is powered by 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Processor, having 3GB/4GB RAM With 32GB/64GB ROM and it has 5.99-Inch Full HD+ 18:9 Display. It also got 12MP Rear Camera With LED Flash with 5MP FF camera. It has 4000mAh Battery.
The latest build of this custom ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat which is the latest Android version.Now Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 has started getting the LineageOS 14.1 Nougat Custom ROM.If you are a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 user then you can Update Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 To Android 7.1.2 Nougat Via LineageOS 14.1 Nougat.
Your device should have root access and TWRP recovery should also be installed to install this latest ROM. The download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read through. With the Android 7.1.2ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 7.1.2 Nougat to have the full experience.
But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed.So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide.We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Redmi Note 5 (Lineage OS 14.1)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps To Install Lineage Os 14.1 On Redmi Note 5 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 into the recovery mode. Guide > How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install the ROM on your device > How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- After flashing ROM, Install the Gapps > Download/Install GApps For Android 7.0/7.1 Nougat, after that flash the bootloader file
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install LineageOS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of LineageOS 14.1 of Android 7.1.2 Nougat!
Note: Image used in this post is property of its respective owner