Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo): I have a question for all of the readers here! Have you guys ever rooted your device? How many have thought of trying but in the end backed out of it? Rooting is an extremely simple task which can be performed by anyone from a programmer to even a casual Android user. One of the many benefits of rooting is that it allows you to install any custom ROM on your Android device. There are many exceptional custom ROMs in the Android market but Lineage OS has to be the most preferred choice for thousands of Android users.
Today, in this post, we are going to discuss Lineage OS and how you can install its latest update on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. This unofficial comes to us courtesy of Arasthel who has shared with us this new build. This new update of Lineage OS 15.1 is going to be based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo OS and it comes with not only the features of Oreo firmware but also few other extremely cool additional features.
Xiaomi is a brand which has catered to the needs of users who can operate only in the mid-range prices. Within no time it has developed into one of the top brands all over the world. It has released some excellent models in the recent times with Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 being one of them. This device comes equipped with a 5.99-inch display screen with a resolution of 2160x1080p, a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core processor, 6 GB RAM, a mammoth 128 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 3400mAh battery. It comes with MIUI 9 out of the box, and its other features include a 12.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth v5.0, Dual SIM standby, and more.
Check Out Our Full ROM List > Best Custom ROMs For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Oreo and Nougat (Battery Life + Performance)
In case you are a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 user who was waiting for the latest update of Lineage OS to release so that they can install it, then you are in the right place. Here, we are going to tell you how you can install it on your device by giving you a step-by-step guide. But, before that, we are going to give you some basic information regarding rooting, custom ROMs, and Lineage OS.
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 0.1 Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 1 Pre-Requirements
- 2 Disclaimer
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Credit: Arasthel
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.