Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On HTC One Max (Android 8.1 Oreo): Hello guys! Today, we are here to tell you all about Lineage OS and how you can easily install the newest update on your HTC One Max. I’m sure most of you must have heard about Lineage OS as it is one of the most popular and successful lines of custom ROMs. Previously known as CyanogenMod, Lineage OS has been released some of the best custom ROMs available in the Android market for past few years. Thanks to tarkzim who has shared with us this unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 which works well for HTC One Max users. This is an unofficial build which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo OS and it will come with all the latest features such as split-screen mode, picture in picture mode, and more. We have to make certain things clear before we go on to install this update. This is an unofficial update and is still in the initial building stages. There are some issues with GPS and HW accelerator video playback. These issues will be addressed in the upcoming updates.
HTC is a brand which has its followers all over the world. Time and time again it has continued to amaze its fanbase with some extraordinary models with exciting features and specifications. Its HTC One Max comes with a super LCD3 capacitive 5.9-inch touchscreen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon 600 Quad Core 1.7GHz Krait 300 processor, Adreno 320 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 16/32 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable Li-Po 3300mAh battery. It runs on Android 4.3 JellyBean OS while it has an update for Android 5.0 Lollipop waiting. Its other features include a 4.0 MP rear camera, a 2.1 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS, NFC, Fingerprint scanner, and more.
If you are an HTC One Max user, then this guide will be highly beneficial for you. Not only will this guide help you install this unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 easily, but it will also give you all the basic information about Lineage OS that comes in handy at times when things go wrong in the working of your device.
[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”16″ bg_color=”#095689″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]
Full Custom ROMs Collection: List Of Best Custom ROMs For HTC One Max (Oreo and Nougat)[/mks_pullquote]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On HTC One Max.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For HTC One Max
- Lineage OS 15.1 For HTC One Max
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On HTC One Max | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For HTC One Max)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.