Download/Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Moto Z2 Force (Android 8.1 Oreo): How many of you have ever tried to root your device and install a custom ROM? Not many of you right? Even though more and more people are becoming aware of this phenomenon technology of custom ROMs, there are still some who are scared to install custom ROMs or even root their devices as they think it will spoil their device. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss Lineage OS 15.1 and how you can easily install the latest update of Lineage OS on your Moto Z2 Force. This new update of Lineage OS is dubbed as Lineage OS 15.1 and it comes to us thanks to erfanoabdi who has been kind enough to share this unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 for all the Moto Z2 Force users. This new update will be based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo and it will come with not only the features of Oreo OS but also some new and exciting features which are not present in the factory update.
Moto is a brand which has been on a steep rise ever since it came back a few years back. Ever since its revival, it has been releasing some amazing models one after the other. Its Moto Z2 Force is an amazing device which comes with an exceptional list of features and specifications. It comes equipped with a 5.5-inch display screen with a resolution of 2560x1440p, a powerful Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Octa Core processor, Adreno 540 GPU, 4/6 GB RAM, 64/128 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable 2730 Li-Ion battery. It runs on Android 7.1 Nougat OS while it also has an update for Android 8.0 Oreo OS waiting in the wings. Its other features include a 12.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2, Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, and more.
There is a wide range of guides all over the internet which will help you install custom ROMs. What makes us different from other similar guides is that before beginning the instructions, we give our readers all the detailed information regarding custom ROMs and Lineage OS so that they do not have any doubt which might stop them from installing this update.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Moto Z2 Force.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Moto Z2 Force
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Moto Z2 Force
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Moto Z2 Force | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Moto Z2 Force)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.