Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia M2 (Android 8.1 Oreo): Did you guys know that a rooted device has the potential to be 10 times more powerful than the same device when unrooted? One of the numerous benefits of rooting is that it allows you to install custom ROMs such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, and others. Lineage OS, or previously known as CyanogenMod is one of the most famous lines of custom ROMs which has been preferred heavily by Android users. Today, in this post, we are going to talk about Lineage OS 15.1 and how you can easily install it on your Sony Xperia M2. The Lineage OS 15.1 update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code and it with some of the most astonishing additional features.
Sony is one of the most popular brands when it comes to Android smartphones. Time and time again they have managed to release extraordinary models which have helped bring it to the top. Its Xperia M2 sports a 4.8-inch TFT display screen with 229 PPI density and a resolution of 960×540 pixels. It comes packed with a Qualcomm MSM8926 Snapdragon 400 Quad-Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1 GB RAM, and 8 GB ROM storage capacity. It comes with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box as well as a non-removable Li-Ion 2300mAh battery. Its other features include an 8.0 MP primary camera, a VGA secondary camera, NFC, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, GLONASS, and more.
If you are a Sony Xperia M2 user that has been busy searching for the perfect guide to help you install Lineage OS 15.1, then your search ends now. Here, we are going to give you not only the proper instructions to install the latest Lineage OS update, but we will also be giving you all the basic details so that you have a clear idea of what you are doing.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia M2.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia M2
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia M2 | Developer: Konstantinosj77, Senior Member Xda
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia M2 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia M2)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.