Download/Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Verizon HTC One M9 (Android 8.1 Oreo): Attention all Verizon HTC One M9 users!! The latest update for Lineage OS is out and it will be based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OS. I’m sure you would have come across the term LineageOS or CyanogenMod at some point or the other. Well both of them are the same, only Lineage OS is the extension of CyanogenMod. This family of custom ROM is the best and most reliable when it comes to custom ROMs with added features. We need to save thanks for Flyhalf205 who shared with us this unofficial build which works well for Verizon HTC One M9 users. In this post, all the Verizon HTC One M9 users will get to know how to easily install this new custom ROM. This unofficial build is still in the initial development phase, so it is recommended to wait for a few days for the new update to arrive. The new update will come with a lot of bug fixes and optimizations. Recently, there were issues with the GPS, HW acceleration in video playback, and some functions but these issues will be addressed in the upcoming update.
HTC is a renowned name with a lot of excellent models. It has managed to release some of the most evergreen models in the market. Its Verizon HTC One M9 is one such model. It comes equipped with a 5.0-inch display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 Octa Core processor, Adreno 430 GPU, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable Li-Po 2840mAh battery. It comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box while it also has an Android 7.0 Nougat update waiting. Its other features include Bluetooth v4.1, NFC, Wi-Fi, a 20.0 MP rear camera, a 4.0 MP front camera, Quick Charge 2.0, GPS, and more.
You will easily find a lot of guides explaining to you how to install a certain update but most of them will not give you the insight on what the update is and how to perfectly execute the update. This guide is not one of them. Here, we will give you all the basic knowledge you need to have on this topic, and then we will tell you how you can easily install this update within no time.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Verizon HTC One M9.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Verizon HTC One M9
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Verizon HTC One M9
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Verizon HTC One M9 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Verizon HTC One M9)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.