Download/Install Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A8 (2016) | Install Android 8.0 Oreo (Development)Hello friends!! Today, we are here to tell you about the latest update of LineageOS 15 and how you can easily download and install it for your Galaxy A8 (2016). You might have heard that the latest update for LineageOS has been unofficially released for few Android devices. This new update is based on the Android 8.0 Oreo OS source code and comes with most of the features that are present in the official Android Oreo update.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) was launched in September 2016. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.It is powered by 1.5GHz octa-core Exynos 7420 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB of onboard storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card.It packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 8-megapixel front camera for selfies.The Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) runs Android 6.0.1 and is powered by a 3300mAh non removable battery
The LineageOS 15 update is the newest member of the LineageOS family which has been providing the Android users with some of the best custom ROMs available in the Android market. Once you install this update, you will get to experience some of the best features of Android 8.0 OS such as the split-screen mode, picture-in-picture mode, better battery optimization, and many other options to tinker with the device’s settings to give it a new outlook.
The Galaxy A8 (2016) users can easily download and install this new update. All they need to do is fulfil few pre-requirements, complete some downloads, and follow the guide mentioned below.Once the ROM is available we will update the post with active link and you can then download Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A8 (2016)
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy A3 (2017)
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
- 1 Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
- 2 Pre-Requirements
- 3 Disclaimer
- 4 Downloads
- 5 Steps To Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy A8 (2016) | Android 8.0 Oreo Update [ Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A8 (2016) ]
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy A8 (2016).
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Lineage OS 15 Downloads
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy A8 (2016) | Android 8.0 Oreo Update [ Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A8 (2016) ]
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons