Status Updated: No Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy J3 (2017) Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) Smartphone was released in 2017 and was an entry level android smartphone.It carries a Samsung typical design. The device was running Android 7.0 Nougat at the time of the launch.We are hoping that this device will get the Official Oreo Update from Samsung, but you can install Android Oreo 8.0 on your Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) in coming days as the development of Lineage OS 15 For Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) has been started.
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) has a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels.It is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos 7570 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card.The Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) sports a 13-megapixel primary camera on the back side and a 5-megapixel front camera for selfies.The Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 2400mAh non removable battery.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
Lineage OS 15 unofficially released for many devices we have linked the article below and now work on Lineage OS 15 For Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) has been started and in coming days the Custom ROM will be available and we will add the link to this post.And then you can Update Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source code and carries all the Android Oreo Features.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15 On Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017)[symple_box color=”black” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Status: Not available.Work On the Unofficial build has been started and may be available in coming weeks.We will add the link once it got released.[/symple_box]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play (2017)tect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google PLay (2017)tect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant im(2017)vement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now (2017)ceed To Install Lineage OS 15 On Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, (2017)ceed at your own risk.
- Lineage OS 15 Downloads
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15 On Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) | Android 8.0 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15 For Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017))
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing (2017)cess is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this (2017)cess, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.