Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (GT-S7582) | Android 8.0 Oreo: Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (GT-S7582) To Android 8.0 Oreo Via LineageOS 15.Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (GT-S7582) is a 3 years old device and it will not get the official Oreo Update and users have to depend on Custom ROMs to get the latest Android.Google has already released the final build of Android 8.0 Oreo for Nexus and Pixel devices.Many manufacturers have started working on the Oreo build for their devices.
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 is an entry-level smartphone from Samsung which was launched in November 2013. The phone comes with a 4.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 480 pixels by 800 pixels.It is powered by 1.2GHz dual-core SoC coupled with 768MB of RAM.It comes with 4GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 64GB via a microSD card.The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 packs a 5-megapixel primary camera and a 0.3-megapixel front camera for selfies.The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 runs Android 4.2 and houses a 1500mAh removable battery
Android Oreo was recently released and came out for a selected batch of devices which included models of Pixel and Nexus. Soon after that, manufacturers like HTC, and Motorola came out with a list of devices which would be getting the official update later this year. If your device doesn’t belong to the list of devices that will get the official update soon, then you need not worry as we have a fix for you.
Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 is an entry-level Android smartphone.It is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core Broadcom processor coupled with 768MB of RAM.It has 4GB of internal storage.It sports a 4-inch WVGA screen.It has a 5-megapixel shooter with LED flash on the back.
Here, in this post, we will be showing you how to download and install the LineageOS 15 custom ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (GT-S7582). This custom ROM comes from the LineageOS or previously known as CyanogenMod line which is famous for producing amazing custom ROMs. The Huawei manufacturers have not made any official announcement on whether Honor 8 Pro users will be receiving an official update for Android 8.0 Oreo or not. However, there are ways through which you can enjoy using Android Oreo on your device.Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (GT-S7582) To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.This ROM is developed by Đỗ Hoàng Khánh Nam
If you belong to the category of those users who absolutely hate waiting for their devices to get the official update, then you can download and install LineageOS 15 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo OS. This custom ROM is absolutely perfect as it will have not only the features of Android 8.0 Oreo but also an optimized battery, more features which are not available in Oreo OS, and an abundance of ways to tinker with the settings and customize your device. In case you are interested in installing LineageOS 15, all that you need to do is fulfil few pre-requirements, complete some downloads, and then follow this step-by-step guide To Install Lineage OS 15 On Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (GT-S7582)
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP Installed.
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15 For Any Android
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 for Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (GT-S7582)
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
How to install Lineage OS 15 On Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (GT-S7582) | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.