Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Sony Xperia XA Ultra | Android 8.0 Oreo: Sony Xperia XA Ultra was launched in September 2016. September. Sony Xperia XA Ultra comes with Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) out of the box which is upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat. It is packed with the 6.0-inch display, 21MP camera, Octa-core MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10 processor with 3GB of RAM and 2700 mAh battery.
Sony Xperia XA Ultra may receive official Android 8.0 Oreo update by the first quarter of 2018, If you cannot wait to taste the features of Android 8.0 Oreo until its official release then you can continue reading this article. With the release of new Android 8.0 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. After the huge hit of Lineage OS 14.1, Lineage OS team started building new Custom OS Lineage OS 15. Lineage OS 15 is packed with all new features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
As the popular CyanogenMod collapsed, developers from the same team started new Custom ROM LineageOS. LineageOS 14.1 is a huge Hit, it was installed over 1 million times in 170+ models. With Android 8.0 Oreo released last month the race to make the next customised OS has hit off. Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous.Follow the guide below to Update Sony Xperia XA UltraTo Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15
As this is the initial stage of development, the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this Lineage OS 15 on Sony Xperia XA Ultra and taste the latest Android 8.0 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 15 on Sony Xperia XA Ultra.
Check Out Our Latest Post: [Status] Lineage OS 15.1/Android 8.1 Oreo For Xperia XA Ultra[/mks_pullquote]
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked, and your device is rooted, and you have a custom recovery installed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to install Lineage OS 15 on Sony Xperia XA Ultra | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into LineageOS 15.0 Based on Android Oreo 8.0. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.