Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini | Android 8.0 Oreo: ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini Smartphone was launched in June 2017 and was an entry-level smartphone.It is the smaller version of ZTE Nubia Z17.The device was running Android Nougat 7.1.1 at the time of the launch.This device will get the official Android Oreo update.The official Oreo Update may available after January 2018, but you can install Android Oreo 8.0 on your ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini if you have rooted it via a custom ROM which was recently released.
The unofficial Lineage OS 15 or LOS 15 for Nubia Z17 Mini is now available and it is based on the AOSP and it currently runs the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0.It has a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels which is smaller compared to ZTE Nubia Z17’s 5.5-inch display.
The ZTE Nubia Z17 mini is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 652 processor paired with 4GB of RAM.The phone packs 64GB of onboard storage that can be expanded up to 200GB via a microSD card.The ZTE Nubia Z17 mini packs a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 16-megapixel front camera for selfies
The ZTE Nubia Z17 mini runs Android 6.0.1 and is powered by a 2950mAh non-removable battery.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
Check out our latest post > [Status] Lineage OS 15.1/Android 8.1 Oreo For ZTE Nubia Z17 mini
If you want to experience the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 on your ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini, you can follow the below guide to manually install Lineage OS 15 on your device. Though you might get the basic Android Oreo features, the ROM is not stable enough to be used as a daily driver. But you can still install it to see how everything works in Android Oreo. Update ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.
[icon name=”bell-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Important Note
There was a ROM available for the device which claimed to be Lineage OS 15 but we tested that and found out that it is another ROM based on Android Nougat, So we have removed the Link.Currently unofficial build of Lineage OS 15 for the device is not available.We will update the post once we have a working Lineage OS 15 ROM.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15 On ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customisation features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/unlock-bootloader-android-using-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot[/su_button]
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15 On ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15 For ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini (Link removed)
- Full Lineage OS 15.0 Device List
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Popular Posts You May Like[/su_heading]
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15 On ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini | Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.