Samsung has really improved its custom skin in recent times. The latest One UI 2.0 very clean, simple and fast but if you are a die-hard fan of vanilla android then custom ROMs are still the way to go with mainly the Lineage OS. You can check out the Lineage OS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus (Android 10 Q)
We are thankful to modpunk from Xda for this awesome ROM. Keep in mind that you will need a TWRP Custom Recovery or any other custom recovery in order to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 firmware on your handset. Additionally, you will have to be rooted as well. Now, without wasting more time, let’s get into it.
Lineage OS 17.1 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17.1 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.1 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on the Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM.
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17.1 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android 10 features and additionally, there is plenty of exclusive Lineage OS customizations & features also included.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- Your device should be rooted properly.
- Ensure that a custom recovery (TWRP) installed on your handset.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus.
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download (beyond1lte)
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download (beyond2lte)
- Development Page
[su_highlight background=”#78ffb1″ color=”#16181b”]Note: If the download link is broken, check the development page and download the newer version from there [/su_highlight]
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S10 and S10+ | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now, transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Next, reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Then select Install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.
- Flash the GApps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the official Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on your Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus based on Android 10. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.