Lineage OS is the one and only name that each & every Android custom ROM users or developers definitely knows. After the release of Android 10 in September 2019, most of the Custom ROM developers have started cooking the latest firmware based on Android 10. Lineage OS is no exception here and devs have released the Lineage OS 17 last year. Now, the Lineage OS 17.1 is out for plenty of Motorola devices like the Moto E, Moto X Play, & Moto G4 Play.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Lineage OS 17.1 Custom ROM comes with all the Android 10 goodies that also includes some of the dedicated Lineage OS features or improvements. Additionally, the interested Moto X Play/Moto E/Moto G4 Play users can manually flash the firmware by following the guide below. However, users have to unlock the device bootloader and install root access on their devices. Once done, you’re good to go.
There is one more important thing that your device should have installed the latest TWRP custom recovery in order to flash the custom firmware file easily on your handset. The new official Lineage OS 17.1 update has been released for the Moto X Play, Moto E, and Moto G4 Play models. The extensive support of the Lineage OS can be assumed that both the Moto X Play and Moto E were launched back in 2015 and still receiving the Android 10 custom ROM update. While the Moto G4 Play was launched in 2016 and getting the Lineage OS 17.1 update.
Lineage OS 17.1 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17.1 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.1 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on the Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM.
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17.1 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android 10 features and additionally, there are plenty of exclusive Lineage OS customizations & features also included.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- Your device should be rooted properly.
- Ensure that a custom recovery (TWRP) installed on your handset.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17.1 on Moto E, Moto X Play, & G4 Play.
- Lineage OS 17.1 for Moto E LTE (Surnia): Download Link
- Download GApps For Android 10 ROMs
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Moto E, Moto X Play, & G4 Play | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now, transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Next, reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Then select Install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.
- Flash the GApps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the official Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on your Moto E, Moto X Play, Moto G4 Play based on Android 10. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.