Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On Asus ZenFone 5Z | Android 10 (Z01R) as the ROM is made available for the device. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 17 For Asus ZenFone 5Z based on Android 10. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are an Asus ZenFone 5Z user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Asus ZenFone 5Z. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member Rohan purohit for the ROM. The available ROM name is lineage-17.0-20191001-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R.zip.
Asus ZenFone 5Z was released in February 2018 which comes equipped with a large 6.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2246 pixels. The device is powered by octa-core (4×2.7GHz + 4×1.7GHz) Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm) processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with an expandable storage option via a microSD card up to 2 TB.
The Asus ZenFone 5Z sports a dual rear camera setup on the rear side. There is a 12-megapixel (f/1.8, 1.4-micron) primary camera and an 8-megapixel (f/2.0, 1.12-micron) secondary camera. Along with the back camera, there is an awesome 8-megapixel front camera. The Asus ZenFone 5Z houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS,)
- Front camera
- wide angle in gcam and asus camera
- Video Playback
- Double tap to wake
- GPS with GNSS fix
- some settings features may not work as bringup for ten is still wip
For more information about the ROM, check out the official Xda thread here.
Lineage OS 17 On Asus ZenFone 5Z | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Asus ZenFone 5Z.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Asus ZenFone 5Z | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.