Follow the detailed guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi 8 | Android 10 (dipper) as the ROM is made available for the device. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 17 For Xiaomi Mi 8 based on Android 10. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Xiaomi Mi 8 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi 8. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member infrag for the ROM.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 was the flagship smartphone of Xiaomi last year. It comes equipped with a 6.21-inch touchscreen display with 1080 pixels by 2248 pixels resolution. The Xiaomi Mi 8 is powered by a Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor. It is an Octa-core CPU coupled with 6 GB of RAM. It has 64 GB of internal storage which can be expanded via microSD.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 has a dual-camera setup on the rear side. It features 12 +12 megapixel dual rear camera on the back and a 20-megapixel front camera. Xiaomi Mi 8 runs Android 8.1 Oreo straight out of the box. It houses a 3400mAh non-removable battery
- Camera (and flashlight)
- IR Camera
- Telephony (Calls and Data)
- Video Playback
- HW crypto (FBE)
- Still running selinux permissive mode
- Many lineage features still waiting to be ported.
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi 8.
- Lineage OS 17 for Xiaomi Mi 8: Download Link, If the link is broken check the official source page linked below for latest download links.
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi 8 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.