Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2: From last two years sony is giving highly-competitive entry-level in the market, Sony Xperia Z2 is a premium looped surface design, well executed in the tight budget, a high-res camera, and LTE connectivity. Sony Xperia Z2 comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
As Sony Xperia Z2 was released in 2014, April, Sony Xperia Z2 will not get Android Oreo you can follow this article update your device to Android 8.1 Oreo. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. After the huge hit of Lineage OS 14.1, Lineage OS team started building new Custom OS LineageOS 15.1. LineageOS 15.1 is packed with all new features of Android 8.1 Oreo.
As the popular CyanogenMod collapsed, developers from the same team started new Custom ROM LineageOS. LineageOS 14.1 is a huge Hit, it was installed over 1 million times in 170+ models. With Android 8.1 Oreo released last month the race to make the next customised OS has hit off. Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous.Follow the guide below to Update Sony Xperia Z2 To Android 8.1 Oreo Via LineageOS 15.1
As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Sony Xperia Z2 and taste the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download LineageOS 15.1 for Sony Xperia Z2
- Download Official GApps For LineageOS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to install LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2 | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into LineageOS 15.1 Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.