Recently, Microsoft developers have been busy pushing the major Windows 11 2022 update in many countries. This preview update is labeled KB5017389 and it’ll bring the OS build number to 22621.608 while featuring numerous fixes for various issues that the users might have been facing with the initial launch of the major update.
Aside from the fixes, there is also a more notable change. Microsoft will be enabling more dynamic widgets content with the new update. This means that you’ll be able to see notification badges on the taskbar for news and other alerts in the Widgets panel. You’ll also be able to see which content has triggered the notification badge as the banner at the top of the Widgets board.
Changelog for the Windows 11 Build 22621.608 update
- The new update will address the issue that was causing updates to the Microsoft Store to fail.
- It will update the start date for daylight saving time in Chile. The time will now start on September 11th, 2022 instead of September 4th, 2022.
- The update will address the issue affecting the font of Chinese characters.
- It’ll address the issue that was forcing the IE mode tabs in a session to reload.
- The new update will add Dynamic Widgets content to the taskbar with notification badging. After opening the Widgets board, a banner will appear at the top of the board. It’ll give you more information on what triggered the notification badge.
- The update will address the issue that was affecting Dual SIM calling. If you’ve selected no SIM on your device and initiated a call, the Dual SIM functionality wasn’t working.
- Addresses the issue that was affecting apps that weren’t signed by the Microsoft Store. You had to reinstall the apps after upgrading the OS.
How to download and install the new Windows 11 Build 22621.608 update
The Windows 11 Build 22621.608 is a new preview update that has been made available to users who have updated their PC to Windows 11 22H2 version. As it’s a preview update, you’ll get it in the option update.
For manually updating to the new version, head over to Settings -> Windows Update -> Advanced Options -> Optional Updates. After that, you have to select the update and then click on the Download and Install button.