Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM For Redmi Note 8 Pro (V126.96.36.199.PGGIDXM). Yes, a new update has been released for the Indonesian Version of Redmi Note 8 Pro. It is an incremental update which addressed some bugs and improves the security and stability of the device. The update is around 520 MB in size (OTA) and the Full Firmware file is around 2.2 GB in size.
The update also brings the latest Security Patch for the device that improves the system security and vulnerability fixes. Xiaomi always rollout the firmware OTA updates to its devices in batches via OTA (over-the-air) that will bring most of the new features and improvements to the Redmi Note 8 Pro. The update will soon arrive on the rest of the regions as well.
The new update comes with the software version 188.8.131.52.PCMINXM over Android 9 Pie. The update brings the latest Android security patch of December 2019. There were some issues related to the status bar and notification shade which are now fixed. Some screenshots related issues also have been addressed. You can check the changelog below.
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Check OTA Updates
If your device is not rooted, then your device may have received the update. You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to the Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update. The update will be available across the globe but as it is being rolled out in a phased manner, it may take some time to be available in every region, but if you want you can manually install the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro handset.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please DO NOT proceed.
- Have a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- Must have the bootloader unlocked.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
Download Indonesian Firmware:
- Download MIUI 220.127.116.11.PCOMIXM > Recovery ROM | OTA Update from 18.104.22.168 ROM
How To Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM On Redmi Note 8 Pro [V126.96.36.199.PGGIDXM]
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device.
- Now follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually (follow the recovery ROM (zip) guide):
How To Install Stock Firmware on Any Xiaomi Device via Recovery or Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and successfully installed the latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 update on your Redmi Note 8 Pro device.