The newly released Entry-level Redmi 8A has received another update, this time it brings the latest December 2019 security patch to the device. The latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM with software version V184.108.40.206.PCPMIXM has been released for the device.
If you’re using the Redmi 8A handset with Global ROM then you have already received the update on your device. If not you can follow our tutorial Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM On Redmi 8A (V18.104.22.168.PCPMIXM). As I have mentioned it before, It comes with the software version 22.214.171.124.PCPMIXM over Android Pie.
The update also brings the latest patch to the device. Additionally, this update brings many bug fixes to the device. There were bugs related to notification shade, status bar and lock screen which are now fixed. Local time naming is now more optimized. The issue related to overlapped in scrolling screenshots has now been addressed.
The update also brings the latest Security Patch for the device that improves the system security and vulnerability fixes. Xiaomi always rollout the firmware OTA updates to its devices in batches via OTA (over-the-air) that will bring most of the new features and improvements to the Redmi 8A. The update will soon arrive on the rest of the regions as well.
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Check OTA Updates
If your device is not rooted, then your device may have received the update. You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to the Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update. The update will be available across the globe but as it is being rolled out in a phased manner, it may take some time to be available in every region, but if you want you can manually install the latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 on your Redmi 8A handset.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please DO NOT proceed.
- Have a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- Must have the bootloader unlocked.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
How To Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM On Redmi 8A [V184.108.40.206.PCPMIXM]
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device.
- Now follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually (follow the recovery ROM (zip) guide):
We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and successfully installed the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 update on your Redmi 8A device.