Updated August 22, 2017- Google has finally released the official Android Oreo (Android 8.0) For Google Pixel and Nexus Phones.Now Moto G5 and G5 Plus users are waiting for the Official Android Oreo update.As Moto uses a very close to the stock android skin, we may see the Official Android Oreo Update For Moto G5/G5+ in 2 months.
The latest Internet Sale revolution has covered our above-said concerns too. Now when we think of phone, next question that arises is – Flipkart or Amazon? We have been given the freedom that breaks us away to choose from LG, Samsung, Apple, and Nokia. Which were undoubtedly our traditional choices? Xiaomi, Moto, One Plus have now joined the race to become the front runners.
Especially Moto Series has largely appealed to the Indian audience as we are constantly looking out for reliability. The best part is they offer phones for everyone and for tremendous options of prices to choose from. Something that is light on the pocket and fulfils the heart’s content.
Google is the front runner in upgrades. They have always set a benchmark for other tech giants to look forward too. 2016 we saw the onset of Android 7.x Nougat. 2017 will unravel Android 8.0 Oxxx. ( Oreo)
Status: Moto G5 and G5 Plus will get the Official Android Oreo Update by November 2017 | Now Oreo is available For Pixel and Nexus Phones
The major concern that creeps in with every release ‘Is my phone compatible?’ For that, the Moto G5/G5 plus users can be in peace as your device is Android 8.0 Compatible. What is different now, let’s take a closer look.
Moto G5 and G5 Plus Android Oreo Features
- Better Management of data – We all have suffered from this in our phones. When the phone starts lagging or the screen blinks with a message ‘Clear Memory’. We all run to clear our apps data. This has now been taken care by allocating storage quota to all your apps. Once the memory starts piling up, the apps that exceed the data beyond their quota their cache will automatically get cleared.
- Background Limits – You might have observed that searching for GPS pops up most of the times you run any application for example MakeMyTrip. This will no longer be a problem as you can give priority based listing on restricting the app from running in the background unless you don’t specify.
- Autofill Framework – The google chrome browser’s ability to autofill the forms have now been connected with your android apps. Let’s say you log in to twitter for the first time you will be prompted whether you want the autofill to take place.
- Improved Gesture Control – Going to the contacts and then getting the desired one, this can now be done with ease. Just type ‘C’ on your screen and your contact list will pop-up.
- Copy Less – Based on what you had been typing in the previous window, suggestion will be provided as to what you might have wanted to copy-paste from there to the new app window. Easing you put from the age-old habit of copy-paste.
The Android 8.0 Update is set to be released in August/September 2017. The beta version is out May 2017. Android 8.0 may hit Moto G5/G5 plus in mid of 2018. Watch out for the new upgrade and experience these seamless features.