After Moto G5 Plus and Moto G5, now Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G5 (Android 8.1 Oreo) is available.Motorola (owned by Lenovo) has released the flagship smartphones in all of their premium as well as mid-range lineups this year which are the Moto X, Moto Z and the Moto G series along with other series from the company. Now, the most successful and the popular mid-range series from the company, the Moto G series saw the launch of the flagship smartphone in the series which is the Moto G5 and the Moto G5 Plus. However, we saw that the Moto G5 series was succeeded with the Moto G5s and the Moto G5s Plus. Talking about the Moto G5 series, the smartphones were very popular among the fans and developers of the Moto G series.
Also, we know that the smartphone was launched with Android 7.0 Nougat on top of the Motorola’s skin of Android. Later, we saw that the smartphone got updated to Android 7.1 Nougat which brought the latest version of Android to the device. Now, the latest version of Android which is 8.0 Oreo has been released by Google earlier this year and most of the smartphones are getting their updates in stable or beta form. Now, we have known that the official update from Motorola for the Moto G5 will come next year but we have now received news about a custom ROM which will bring Android 8.1 Oreo to the device as Android 8.0 Oreo has already been available to the device.
Talking about the Custom ROM, this ROM is the Pixel Experience ROM which will bring Android 8.1 Oreo to the device. Now, most of the important things that need to be working are said to be working on this ROM like WiFi, RIL, Data, VoLTE etc. One thing you need to know is that you will have to unlock bootloader and root your smartphone in order to get this Custom ROM installed on your device to experience Android 8.1 Oreo.
We like to thanks, govind1233, Senior Member over Xda for developing and sharing the Android 8.1 Oreo based Pixel Experience ROM For Moto G5.Remember, the ROM is still in development stage, so there may be few bugs avaialble but we are sure incoming updates everything will be fixed.
- Mobile data
For more details about the ROM visit the official Xda thread (source) here
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Android 8.1 Pixel Experience Oreo ROM (Follow the Development page For latest build)
- Download Official GApps For Pixel Experience Oreo ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
Steps To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G5 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.1
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.