Nokia 2.2 has been getting December 2019 security patch update. The new update is currently available in few regions but it will be available all across the globe. The Nokia 2.2 has received the latest security patch update with firmware version V1.63C.
This is not a major update as it weighs around 75 MB in size (OTA). The update brings some bug fixes along with system stability improvements to the device. So if you own the device, then we highly recommend you to update your Nokia 2.2 to December Security patch V1.63C
Check OTA Manually
If you’re using the Nokia 2.2 model, you will soon receive the Android 10 OTA update notification automatically. However, if you haven’t received the Android 10 OTA update yet, then check for it manually. Go to the device Settings menu -> System -> Advanced -> System update
Download Nokia 2.2 December Security patch V1.63C
- Firmware V1.63C – OTA ROM (.zip File)
How To Install Nokia 2.2 Firmware V1.63C December Security patch
Method 1: Sideload OTA zip (without ADB)
- Download the OTA file from the download section.
- Now rename the OTA file by adding “-update” at the end of the file name. For example:
- Now place the OTA in the root folder
- Open phone App (dialer) and dial *#*#874#*#* to update.
- There will be prompt, confirm the flashing process
- Select to install now option.
- Once the installation is done, reboot your device
Method 2: Sideload OTA by ADB sideload
You have successfully installed the latest firmware on your device. If you have any question related to this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.
Image Credit: Muchamad Aris Reziki