Download/Install Nokia 6 Android 8.0 Oreo Update v5.140: HMD is releasing the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update for two of their devices at the same time. Nokia 6 will receive the update along with the Nokia 5. The Android 8.0 Oreo update for Nokia 6 will be coming with a version number v5.140. All variants of the Nokia 6 will get this update.
This will be a fully stable update which will clear all the bugs which existed on the previous beta version released for Nokia 6. Apart from bug fixes, the update will bring in all the important Android 8.0 Oreo features to the device. The major Oreo features which will be added to the Nokia 6 with this update includes the picture in picture mode, floating navigation dock, home screen shortcuts and a lot more.
The OTA update notification will be officially arriving all the devices soon. In the meantime, users can manually download the OTA file and flash it to the device. Here in this article, a full installation guide for manually flashing the OTA file will be provided.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Nokia 6 users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps To Install Nokia 6 Android 8.0 Oreo Update v5.140
There are two available methods to install this new update, both are listed below.
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your Nokia 6 into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
- Save the downloaded file on to the device internal storage
- Turn off the device
- Press and hold power button and volume button to boot the device on to recovery mode
- Select apply from sd card
- Select the OTA file
- Reboot the device
Hope you are clear with the guide. Leave a comment below if you have any queries or feedback.