Now users can install Lineage OS 17 On Nokia 7.2 and Update Nokia 7.2 to Android 10 Unofficially (Codenamed: Daredevil). Nokia 7.2 is the latest offering from HMD Global and as it comes with a great price tag, it has become a huge success. Many people have bought the device. If you are one of them and want to try out a custom ROM then we have got you covered here.
The unofficial Lineage OS 17 is now made available for the device. The device may be getting the official Android 10 update in a few months. But if you want to experience the latest Android 10 on your device right now, then you can go ahead and install the Lineage OS 17 and update Nokia 7.2 to Android 10 unofficially.
We are thankful to Senior Xda Member Raghu-varma for the ROM. The ROM is in its early development stage so don’t flash it on your primary device as of now but if you want to experience Android 10, then you can give it a try. The available ROM file name is lineage-17.0-20191110-UNOFFICIAL-Daredevil.zip. The ROM size is around 714 MB.
- Mobile data
- Double tap to wake
- Double tap to sleep
- Adaptive brightness
- Dark theme
- Ambient display
- Flash light
- Sound / vibration
- Selinux – permissive
- Camera broken due to no proper Q libs & kernel sources from Hmd
- Vendor is based on pie so we can actually expect bugs
- Internal storage cant be able to access due to we need to wait for proper Q kernel sources again from hmd especially for Nokia 7.2 & 6.2
For more information about the ROM, please visit the official Xda thread here
Lineage OS 17 On Nokia 7.2 | Android 10 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Nokia 7.2.
- Lineage OS 17 for Nokia 7.2: Download Link (Always download the latest build)
- Download Stock Pie kernel
- Download vbmeta
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Nokia 7.2 | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/how-to-create-restore-nandroid-backup-on-android-devices/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#463896″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Nokia 7.2 [/su_button]
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-a-custom-rom-via-recovery-on-any-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#463896″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery on Nokia 7.2 [/su_button]
- Once you flash the ROM File, return back to the TWRP recovery (Boot into recovery)
- Check your current active slot. (Example – if twrp shows current active slot A change to B if B change to A)
- Now flash Gapps File
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-gapps-using-twrp-recovery/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#463896″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash GApps (Zip) via TWRP Recovery[/su_button]
- After that flash Perf-Stock-9.0-DDV_sprout.zip
- Wipe all except system & vendor, then tap on reboot bootloader.
- Once your device in the bootloader mode connect that to your PC and open cmd or powershell window in pc
- Now flash vbmeta using the following command.
for slot-a > fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
for slot-b> fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- Once done, reboot your device. It may take up to 3 min to boot.
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.