Nothing Phone 1 was launched recently and now the phone has officially received the Nothing OS 1.1.4 update alongside the September 2022 Android Security Patch.
This new update will bring numerous camera improvements, introduce power-consumption optimization for the Always-On Display feature, and have many bug fixes. The new software update will introduce a new option to flip the 3-button navigation bar and add a new Nothing-themed watermark to the camera app.
Changelog for the new Nothing OS 1.1.4 update
- The phone now supports LHDC high-def audio
- Introduced a new feature to flip the 3-button navigation bar
- All Ear (1) app features have been integrated into Nothing OS
- Updated the Android security to September 2022 Security Patch
- Improved thermal performance
- Reduced the battery consumption for Always-On Display
- Improved Face Unlock algorithm
- New UI for system updates
- A new option for adding a Nothing-themed watermark to the camera app
- Improved ultra-wide camera color calibration as well as increased color consistency between main and ultra-wide sensors
- A new motion detect algorithm has been added for improved stability when capturing moving objects
- Increased shooting speed when you’re using HDR in ultra-wide mode
- General bug fixes
- Fixed different network issues for certain carriers
- Fixes the HDFC Bank app fingerprint issue
- Fixed the issue that caused incoming calls to show up as Unknown Contact
How to update your Nothing Phone (1)
Nothing Phone (1) users have started receiving the new Nothing OS 1.1.4 update and it comes with the September 2022 Security Patch.
As this update is being rolled out via OTA, the update will reach a handful of users and a much wider release is expected to happen in the coming days. Any Nothing Phone (1) user can manually check for the update manually by simply heading to the device’s Settings -> System -> System Updates.