OnePlus releases OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 9RT. The update follows two months of testing and one month of an open beta. It has new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
Some forum users claim to have the update. According to user reports, the update is C.04 and weighs 4.70GB. The new update includes the latest July 2022 security patch.
In terms of new features, the OnePlus 9RT Android 12 update adds a dark mode, streamlined desktop icons, AI system booster 2.1, updated Canvas AOD, new Shelf capabilities, improved gaming performance, and improvements to the camera app. So you are getting all the Android 12 features with some custom OxygenOS 12 tweaks.
OnePlus 9RT OxygenOS 12/Android 12 update – Changelog
This update adds many new features, and optimizes the system design and performance.
- New design
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers.
- Newly added Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Newly added a chart to display your battery usage.
- Optimized the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Dark mode
- Newly supported three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read.
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment.
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc.
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status.
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals.
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment.
- Optimized the gaming experience in team fight scenes.
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer.
- Optimized the display of camera modes on the menu bar.
- Optimized the experience of zooming in or out when shooting videos with rear camera.
- Newly added visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Newly supported more system apps in TalkBack, including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
You can now update your OnePlus 9RT to Android 12 by visiting the settings app’s software updates section. If you don’t see the update, wait a few days because it’s in a rolling phase.
If System Upgrade isn’t available, you can update your phone locally. Download the OTA zip file using Oxygen Updater or another reputable source, then install it manually by selecting Local Upgrade under System Update settings.
So, it wraps things up on our end. If you have any questions regarding this topic, please let us know in the comment section that can be found further down on this page.